Some children need to be taught to look at faces to get social information. A matching game using human faces expressing different emotions can help encourage your child to look at faces more closely.
- Print and cut out the emotion cards.
- You may choose to laminate the cards to make them more durable.
- Start with a small number of cards (2 – 4) to play with, so that your child will be successful. Gradually increase the number of cards you use.
- Place the cards face down.
- Ask your child to turn over 2 cards.
- If the cards have the same face then your child has a match.
- If the faces are different, have your child turn the cards over again.
- Now it’s your turn.
- Remember to label each card by describing the emotion.