The Region of Waterloo is hosting a workshop entitled “Addictions and Mental Illness: Working with Co-Occurring Disorders”. This workshop is being shared across Canada by Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute (CTRI).
When: Wednesday May 16, 20188:30 am to 4:30 pm
Where: St George Hall 665 King St. N Waterloo
Who should attend?
This is a workshop intended for anyone working with people who struggle with both addictions and mental illness.
Many people who struggle with mental illness also struggle with an addiction. This makes recovery
complicated. Service providers may not know where to start.
- Did the addiction cause the mental illness?
- Did the mental illness cause the addiction?
- Is there something else that leads to both?
A framework for systematically working with both issues at the same time will be given. Participants will explore:
- The impact of addiction and mental illness;
- Receive an overview of theoretical frameworks; and
- Learn how to integrate strategies in a way that supports health and change.