ACTO and the Right to Housing Coalition are hosting a public event in Toronto that will also be livestreamed (broadcast live online) with a focus on the provincial elections and the right to housing – if you’re outside of Toronto, we encourage clinics to host an event with community members in your area to participate in the forum and engage your community around the elections.
Join us for a discussion on what is needed to fix Ontario’s affordable housing crisis and what a rights-based approach to housing should look like.
The panel of housing advocates include:
- Leilani Farha (UN Special Rapporteur on Adequate Housing)
- Michael Creek from Working for Change
- Dawnmarie Harriott from Working for Change
- Sheila Warner from Aboriginal Legal Services
- Suad Badri from Hamilton Tenants Solidarity Network
- Council Fire Native Cultural Centre
Moderated by Effie Vlachoyannoacos from Maytree
This is a free event. Everyone is welcome!
When: April 30th Lunch @ 12:00 – 1:00 PM Speakers @ 1:00 – 3:00 PM
Where: METRO HALL – 55 John St. (TORONTO)
EVENT REGISTRATION: www.acto.ca
The event will be livestreamed at acto.ca