Birchmount Bluffs Neighbourhood Centre is pleased to announce the introduction of the Lead to Succeed program, funded by the Government of Canada’s Modernized Youth Employment Strategy (YES). The program begins on Monday August 19, 2019 through to the end of August 2020.
Are you a Youth who is interested in pursuing employment but facing multiple barriers? If you meet the following criteria, you may be eligible to participate in BBNC’s new Youth Employment Program. Are you:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits (this does not apply if you are participating in the Employment Services component of Skills Link)
- In need of assistance in order to overcome employment barriers which include but are not limited to:
- High School non-completion
- Indigenous origin
- Residence in a rural or remote location
- Lone (single) parent
- Visible or ethnic minority
- Official language minority
- Recent Immigrant
Are you an Employer who is interested in providing, eager and interested youth who face multiple barriers to employment, in opportunities to explore their skills and career paths? Are you interested in:
- Providing 10 weeks of fulltime employment to youth at no expense to you or your company? All wages and MERCS are paid through Service Canada funding?
- Considering the option to maintain ongoing employment for youth after the 10 weeks of employment?
- Working with youth to ensure successful outcomes – employment beyond the 10 weeks or return to the educational system?
- Building your company workforce with eager minds who are invested in their future success?