This six (6) session workshop series is designed to help you begin creating an individualized housing plan for you or your loved one with a developmental disability.
Topics covered will include:
- Learning from others and creating your vision
- Discovering your strengths and needs
- Creating a support record
- Investigating how technology can fill gaps to independent living
- Building on natural supports, creating community circles, finding roommates
- Obtaining generic services and incorporating MCCSS funded supports
- Creating a budget and considering opportunities for self-funding
When: March 12, 26, April 9, 23, May 7, and 21, 2020
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Where: Community Living Toronto, 1712 Ellesmere Rd. Scarborough, On M1H 2P9
To register for all days, go to: (you must be registered for all): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/creating-your-individualized-housing-plan-2-tickets-93970994775
This is a joint opportunity offered by Scarborough Residential Alternatives, Scarborough Council and the Housing Navigator at DSO Toronto. It is open to individuals identifying with a developmental disability and/or those supporting someone with a developmental disability.