This workshop provides an overview of behaviours in dementia and communicating in a supportive manner. It will focus on providing participants with the knowledge of how behaviours and communication can change over the course of the disease and ways to supportively communicate with a person living with dementia.
For family caregivers related to a person living with dementia.
- Recognize that behaviour is a form of communication
- Describe how dementia impacts communication
- Recall communication strategies that can be used to support people living with dementia
- Discuss the meaning of behaviours in dementia and ways to offer support
- Workshop will be presented online using Zoom.
Registration is required to receive the zoom link to participate. Click here to register.