The Fair Pass Transit Discount Program is a City of Toronto poverty reduction initiative to make public transit more affordable for low-income Toronto residents.
The program provides a discount for eligible users for 12 months, programmed onto a PRESTO Opens in new window card. Cardholders must load funds to access the discounted Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) adult fare or TTC monthly pass.
The Fair Pass Transit Discount Program is subject to annual funding by City of Toronto Council.
City of Toronto staff will review each application to determine your eligibility for the Fair Pass Transit Discount Program, based on the following criteria:
- You are living in the City of Toronto
- You have a PRESTO card that is not currently used for the Fair Pass Transit Discount Program (If you are unable to purchase a PRESTO card, you can pick up a free PRESTO card while quantities last from Toronto Public Library’s Complimentary PRESTO card initiative Opens in new window)
- You are receiving support from at least one of the following three programs, and meet the additional eligibility criteria outlined under the “Who Can Apply” section below
- Ontario Works (OW)
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- A Child Care Fee Subsidy (through Toronto Children’s Services).