Parent Support Network aims to create a space where families can share experiences, information, challenges, successes and strategies.
The discussion topic for this month is School and Special Education: Navigating Together. This discussion will be co-facilitated by a Family Support Specialist and two Holland Bloorview Family Leaders.
The discussion aims to include:
- Sharing experiences and learning together about navigating the school system and special education
- Discussion about partnering and communicating effectively with your child’s school
- How to find information and resources available to families to support navigating special education
Please note that this event is not specific to a certain age group. We will discuss special education broadly, offering opportunity for parents/caregivers with younger children to engage with those who have older children and vice versa.
Parent Support Network is:
- Created by families, for families
- Unique peer-to-peer support network
- At times includes hearing from childhood disability experts
- Open to all parents/caregivers of children living with disability
- All are welcome – you do not have to be a Holland Bloorview client to attend
- This event will take place over Zoom. Live captioning is available
Please feel free to contact Stephanie Moynagh at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-425-6220 ext. 6146 with any questions about Parent Support Network!
Next meeting: February 10th, 2021 – 7pm – 8:30pm