Centre for Independent Living in Toronto (CILT) invites you to join them Wednesday, April 7, 2021, from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
CILT will be presenting a zoom webinar on COVID-19 vaccines to empower people with disabilities with information and self-advocacy skills. The webinar will explain the different COVID-19 vaccines, their effectiveness & safety in Canada, addressing vaccine hesitancy, the meaning of herd immunity, the various stages of vaccine rollout and how to self-advocate for receiving the vaccine in Ontario.
When: Wednesday April 7, 2021, 1:00pm-300pm
Register in advance for this meeting at:
This workshop will cover the following topics:
- Information on Different COVID-19 Vaccines, Effectiveness & Safety in Canada
- Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and the Meaning of Herd Immunity
- How Canada Chooses Groups for Early Vaccination
- Vaccine rollout: Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine in Ontario
- Vaccine Advocacy & Action Toolkit for Vaccine Equity
- Question and Answers
If you need assistance with registering please email email@example.com or call 416-599-2458 ext 291.
Please note: you will not be able to join the session without registering first. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with the zoom link or phone number for you to use to join the webinar. Registration closes two hours before the webinar.
Workshop Presenter: Timothy Valyear, RPN, Owner, Integrity Care Consultants Inc.
Centre for Independent Living in Toronto (CILT) Workshop Facilitators:
- John Mossa, Independent Living Skills Coordinator
- Rebecca Wood, Peer and Parenting Program Coordinator
CILT funding support provided by United Way Greater Toronto, City of Toronto, Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), and Independent Living Canada.