This is a 4-session group for parents.
DATE & TIME: Tuesdays May 11, 18, 25 and June 1, 2021 – 6:30PM-8:00PM
LOCATION: Online, Microsoft Teams Platform
Caring for an adult with a disability can be stressful.
Acceptance & Commitment Training (ACT) provides a kind and compassionate stance that can be helpful in dealing with day-to-day stress. The goal of ACT is to help people develop flexible ways of thinking and behaving so they can persist and do what is important to them.
In the group, you will meet other parents, there will be discussions, experiential exercises, and out of session practice.
This session is best suited for:
- Parent/s of adult with IDD
- Those who have access to technology and reliable internet
- Those who are proficient in joining an online meeting platform
- Those who are proficient in English
- Those who are able to attend all sessions
- Those not actively receiving parent supports
- Those who are able to fully participate in all sessions without dual responsibility of caretaking for child or other dependents
An ASL interpreter can be available for this set of 4 sessions
Note: Booster sessions may be offered on a ‘as needed’ basis
This event is offered by Surrey Place in partnership with New Haven Learning Centre.