One of the greatest gifts any person can have in their lives is the love and support of families of friends. This is especially true for those living with a disability. For many reasons, meeting new people and developing friendships can be especially challenging for many people with a disability.
While fast and simple solutions don’t exist, there are intentional steps that can be taken to increase opportunities to develop not only supportive relationships but reciprocal friendships as well.
You will learn:
- A variety of strategies that increase opportunities for your loved one, to develop long-term reciprocal relationships.
- The benefits of developing friendships through shared interests and passions.
- Tips and strategies for creating and sustaining a personal support network.
- An overview of Microboards and their long-term benefits
- Access to a variety of video profiles featuring individuals with a developmental disability and their support networks.
WEBCAST | May 4, at 7pm
To learn more about and register for other webcast+ events in this series, please visit this page.