Thanks to the Les & Kae Martin Charitable Foundation, Geneva Centre for Autism has created a new bursary program, named and in honour of the Foundation, to provide financial assistance for adults to access our services. GCA will be offering funded day, evening, and weekend respite for high needs adults demonstrating financial need.
About Adult Respite
GCA’s Adult Respite programs support adults on the autism spectrum to engage in recreational activities while providing caregivers with a planned break. Participants will have exposure to social, recreational and leisure opportunities in a group environment. Respite staff use the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) to support clients in working towards individualized goals and engage in individual and group activities. This program is for individuals aged 18+ years and offers a 1 to 1 staff to client ratio.
Respite Bursary Programs:
- Summer Weekend Respite provides 6 days of weekend respite from July to August 2021.
- Fall Weekend Respite provides 10 days of weekend respite from September to December 2021.
- Fall Evening Respite provides 10 days of evening respite from September to December 2021.
- Fall Day respite provides 24 days of day respite from October to November 2021.
Please note: You are only eligible to sign up for one bursary per calendar year. On the application form, you will choose one of the following programs or rank your preference if there are multiple programs you wish to apply for. Additional information regarding dates and times to be provided.
- Summer Weekend Respite: Saturday July 10 – August 21 (no program July 31st) from 9:30am – 2:30pm
- Summer Weekend Respite: Sundays July 11 – August 22 (no program August 1st) from 9:30am – 2:30pm
- Fall Weekend Respite: September 25/26 – December 4/5 from 9:30am – 2:30pm
- Fall Evening Respite: September 29/30 – December 1/2 from 4:00pm – 8:00pm
- Fall Day Respite: October 12 – November 19 from 9:30am – 2:30pm