Presented by Community Living Ontario & Pooran Law
This session is intended to accompany and guide the audience through Community Living Ontario’s new e-book – Inspiring Possibilities: Legal Guide to Engaging Private Support Workers.
This session will include an introduction to the Legal Guide and will highlight key takeaways from each chapter and the resources that are included in the guide. The audience will learn about important legal issues related to paying support workers, including:
- funding sources;
- understanding the differences between employees and “independent contractors”;
- best practices for hiring workers;
- key rules for managing support workers;
- health and safety and human rights issues;
- insurance and taxation considerations; and
- special rules related to live-in support workers.
Please click the registration link below and join us on Monday, June 21, 2021 at 7:00pm – 8:30pm EDT.