This online Mindfulness program, led by Family Leader Protibha Gupta runs every Monday evening from Monday June 7th to Monday July 26th, 7pm-8pm. Sessions on week 4 and week 8 will also offer a half hour Tea n’ Chat discussion session led by Family Leaders. The Tea n’ Chats will be offered from 8pm-8:30pm following sessions on June 28th and July 26th.
This program is geared to parents and caregivers of children with disabilities who would like to learn meditation, mindfulness and other practices geared toward enhancing resiliency and well-being. No prior meditation practice experience necessary. Each hour-long session will include short talks, guided meditations, small group discussions and Q&A.
Attendees will learn:
- How to meditate through guided meditations
- The foundations of mindfulness of breath/body, feelings, and thoughts
- How to cultivate self-compassion, lovingkindness, and gratitude
- How the practices can help build resiliency and well-being
- Daily mini-mindfulness tips
If you have any questions or require any special accommodations, please contact Family Support Specialist Steph Moynagh at email@example.com or at 416-425-6220 ext. 6146
Once you have registered for this program, you will receive a Zoom link that you can access every Monday evening for the duration of the 8-week program.