Many teens with disabilities want to participate in the world of work. High school students often start by doing chores, volunteering, taking co-op and getting part-time or summer jobs.
Do you have questions about how to get started or are you looking for support? Join us to learn more at one of our Information & Application Sessions.
- Living with a disability who want to start to build work experience
- In high-school – grades 9, 10, 11 or 12
- Have questions about how to start or are looking for support
- And their parents/caregivers.
Date options for our virtual session:
Tuesday, November 30 2021 – 4:00-5:30
Tuesday, January 25 2022 – 4:00-5:30
You must attend one of the date options if you are new to our employment service. Application forms will be available at the session.
Youth and a parent (or other family member) must attend the Information Session together.
- Why early work experience is important and how it helps – hear from Youth Mentors
- What programs/services are available to support you
- Youth: See what our programs are like. Participate in a work experience activity and a team ice-breaker
- Question & answer discussion
- Brief personal consultation and application (if you wish to join our programs)
After attending this session and if you complete an application form, we will recommend programs or services to support you.
Please email our shared mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org