We have space available in our upcoming winter session of Dungeons and Dragons (a social skills group for those on the autism spectrum 16yrs+)!! This program is run in partnership with Level Up Gaming and the Miles Nadal JCC!!
When: Mondays 6 – 8:30pm Jan 17 – Mar 14 (No group Feb 21 – Family Day)
***Registration is required by Jan 10***
What is this group?
This is a social skills gaming group facilitated by a Game Master and an occupational therapist. It uses the tabletop role-play game of dungeons and dragons to learn and practice a variety of social skills while having fun gaming with peers! Examples of social skills that members may work on are: problem solving, collaboration, team work, communication in a group setting, story telling, perspective taking, and more!
Who is it for?
- Ages 16+. This group was designed for those on the autism spectrum but is open to all.
- No previous D&D experience is needed.
- There is a maximum of 6 participants so it is a small group setting.
- This group is completely virtual.
- A headset is recommended.
How do I register?
All registration is through the Miles Nadal JCC. You can register here: https://www.amilia.com/store/en/miles-nadal-jcc/shop/activities/3557347
An intake form will be sent to you after you have registered.