This three (3) session workshop series is designed to help you begin creating an individualized housing and support plan for you or a family member with a developmental disability.
Topics covered will include:
- Creating your vision and learning from others
- Discovering your strengths and needs
- Creating a record of your support needs
- Investigating how technology can increase independence and fill gaps to independent living
- Building on natural supports and creating community circles
- Exploring generic and disability-specific services and supports
- Bricks and mortar – housing options
- Considering opportunities for self-funding and creating a housing and support budget
- Pulling it all together and creating measurable goals
This free online workshop series is open to people with developmental disabilities, their family members, and/or their support networks living in Ontario.
Questions about this event can be sent to the following Housing Navigators and facilitators of this event:
- Northern and North East Regions – Bambi Pepe email@example.com
- Northern and North East Regions – Carly McWhinnie firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hamilton-Niagara Region – Tanner Stranges email@example.com
Session 1: Wednesday, June 7th, 2022
Session 2: Wednesday, June 14th, 2022
Session 3: Wednesday, June 21st, 2022
TIME: 10:00 – 12:30 pm EST
NOTE: It is recommended you attend all three sessions as the content of each session is connected.