December 6, 2022, from 6:30pm -8:00pm
Join DSO Housing Navigators as we welcome guest speaker Tim Heneghan, Lawyer -Canadian Centre for Housing Rights.
Renting a place to live is a big step toward independent living and it’s natural to have questions about what to expect and how to set yourself up for success.
Topics covered will include:
- Signing a lease: things to consider, questions to ask
- Tips for those without a credit or rental history
- Information and documents landlords can ask for
- Rules for first and last month’s rent and deposits
- Tips for spotting “red flags”
- Rent control and annual increases
- Basic tips for avoiding eviction
- Where to get help or more information
This free online webinar will be facilitated by Martha Beach, Housing Navigator for DSO East and South-East Regions, and Alexandra Shannan, Housing Navigator for DSO in Toronto. It is open to people with a developmental disability, their family members and/or support networks, and professionals in Ontario. This event will not be recorded.
Register for this virtual workshop before November 28, 2022