Welcome to ConnectABILITY a website and virtual community dedicated to lifelong learning and support for people who have an intellectual disability, their families and support networks. The core of our community is accessible, self-directed access to valuable information and tools, ready on demand.
The site is organized by age group to help you find the right information for you. If you can’t find what you are looking for, please try browsing by tags or try our search engine.
You’ll notice that in each section there are features, located at the top of the page, and news beneath that. On the left is our search engine and a list of the most popular tags in the site. On the far right is an index of content that is all grouped by type.
- Pages – A custom group of content all based on a subject (Safety)
- Articles – Stories, tip sheets, fact sheets on a specific subject
- Workshops – Audio/visual presentation on a subject, between 10 and 15 minutes in length
- Interactive – Games and activities to play or use on the computer
- Podcasts – Audio recordings of presentations
- Links – Links to other useful resources on the internet
Connected Families is a meeting place for you to connect with others. It is a private area of the site where you can share your story or ideas with the community. Register to become a member. All we ask for is your name and email address and we’ll email you a password. For more information on how to sign up and use Connected Families.
Add a comment to a specific piece of content to let others know what you thought of it.
Send us feedback and we will try and get back to you within a couple of days.
Enjoy your journey through our neighbourhood.