When you are planning to find a job you must have an employment goal. Your employment goal answers the question “What type of work do I want to do?” Some factors to keep in mind include:
- Can I do the job?
- Do I have the education or experience that this job requires?
- Will this job become boring after one year? five years? twenty years?
- How much money do I want to make? How much money will the job pay?
- Am I able to handle the stress of this type of job?
- Am I able or willing to travel to this job?
- Are there jobs available in this area of work?
- Am I willing to work for the companies or institutions that provide this employment opportunity?
Answer these questions honestly and you will have a good idea whether or not the job you want is right for you. Of course everybody works in order to make money. Although your happiness at work is also important, you must be making money in order to meet your responsibilities and in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, you will at times have to sacrifice finding the “perfect” job so that you are able to make money.