- This topic is empty.
March 22, 2019 at 9:30 am #17930
Peaceful Hearts Georgina Foundation is a registered charity that created a NEW Flex-Model enrichment program located at 183 Simcoe Ave in the heart of Georgina. In January 2019 we opened our doors to create and ensure special needs 18-29 years would have continuous learning and quality of life once their school years have been completed.
The Flex Model program will be provided on a quarterly sessional basis, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter with the option to attend 2 days/week, 3 days/week or full week during the session.
Peaceful Hearts Studio will provide a variety of experiences that promote personal development and self expression in four areas of well being; Physical, Mental, Social and Emotional and features Music Therapy, Art Therapy, Technology and Life Skills activities.
Our program is designed to:
• Meet the needs of our participants
• Promote independence through a person-centered approach
• Provide opportunities and foster inclusion within the community
• Collaborate and create community partnerships
• Engage individuals in daily activities with an
emphasis on life and social skills
*Peaceful Hearts program has been approved to have a nurse on location for individuals who may require for medication administration or g-tube feeding.
*Peaceful Hearts will run holiday and break programming for individuals 14+ with special needs (Winter Break, March Break, Summer)
*Peaceful Hearts will run weekend programming for children 6-13 with special needs that includes art, recreational, social and life skills activities
HOW TO APPLY:
1. If you are the individual or parent/guardian/support worker of someone with special needs that would like to attend the program please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.peacefulhearts.ca/studio-programs
2. You will be contacted to discuss your interest in the program and provided an application
3. You will be invited to visit the program for an intake interview
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.