Shared Learning Forum
Information sessions provided by Developmental Services Toronto (DSTO)
- Autism & 90-90-90: Reaching for the Goal
- Road to Relationship Game
- Collaborative Planning for Complex Individuals
- Fee For Service Opportunities within the DSTO
- Update on services for individuals with intellectual disability at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Introduction to MCIT (Mobile Crisis Intervention Team)
- Clinical Planning in a Community Context: An Introduction to CAIR Program
- Newcomers and Disability
- Communication and Accessibility in the Community
- Ontario Review Board (ORB) and Community Treatment Orders (CTO)
- Supporting Seniors with a Developmental Disability – The Mary Centre Model
- Supporting Seniors with a Developmental Disability: Do Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities Age the Same as the General Population?
- Stress-related Health
- Community Treatment Orders: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
- Living with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Understanding Person-Directed Planning
- Person Directed Planning
- Understanding Capacity, Competency & Consent 1: Introduction
- Understanding Capacity, Competency & Consent 2: Personal Care
- Understanding Capacity, Competency & Consent 3: Property
- How to Creatively Use Your Funding
- Exploring Creative Alternatives to Government Funded Programs
- From Heartbroken to Heart Open- Grieving and Bereavement
Connected Families Shared Learning
Everybody’s Trauma: Supporting adults with intellectual disabilities who have experienced violence
Colleagues from the Violence Against Women and the Developmental Services sectors discuss the impact of violence on adults who are labeled with intellectual/developmental disabilities. Topics include: Healing Trauma Through Multi-Modial Therapy, Self-Regulation for Practitioner Resilience.
Transition Planning Training
A series of presentations for direct support professional’s to help meet the complex needs related to Transition Planning. Developed by The Toronto Networks of Specialized Care in partnership with the DSTO Shared Learning Forum and ConnectABILITY.
The Red Flags of Aging
Selected presentations from a daylong conference focusing on the concerns and support needs of people with a developmental disability who are aging. Held on June 28, 2012 in Toronto.
Aging with a Developmental Disability: Strategies for Support
A series of presentations and articles supporting aging. A partnership between Developmental Services and Seniors Services.
DS Information Fair (formerly DSTO Information Fair 2016)
Developmental Disabilities Justice Toolkit
Training videos, webinars, an online tool-kit and resources specifically designed for professionals working in the justice system (police, corrections, probation and parole officers, crown attorneys, youth justice staff, mental health court workers).
Care, Support and Treatment of People with a Developmental Disability and Challenging Behaviours
The Community Networks of Specialized Care in Ontario developed a set of Consensus Guidelines to help families, caregivers and agencies in the daily care, support and treatment of adults with both a developmental disability and challenging behaviours.